We’d like to officially welcome you to UXCamp Ottawa III, the largest annual UX Conference in Canada. This year, you’ll be among over 350 people participating in this volunteer-driven event learning and sharing about user experience.
Here are some last minute details to help you enjoy the weekend:
TIME: 8:45 – 6:00 (after-party at 6:00 at the Theater Bar)
- The opening will start at 8:45. We’d request that you give yourself enough time to find the building, check in at the registration desk and get yourself a seat.
- Stay green! We’ve got registration lists; no need to print your ticket.
- You won’t want to miss a minute of our packed schedule!
- Find out more about our speakers.
SNACKS, BEVERAGES & MEALS
- Bring a non-breakable water bottle (let’s be green!)
- Snacks & beverages will be provided in the morning and afternoon.
- Please note, only water can be brought into the theater.
- Lunch is provided including vegetarian and vegan options.
PARTICIPATION & NOTE-TAKING
- We’ve got wifi thanks to our sponsor, BoxFabric!
- Bring your laptop, smartphone, tablet for note-taking and live blogging (hashtag #uxott)
- Please turn off your ringers though!
Saturday: Ottawa Little Theatre Inc., 400 King Edward Avenue
- Parking: The Theater website provides directions and a handy map to various parking options (Loblaws, Quality Inn, lot behind the theater)
- Bus: Routes 7, 12, 14, 16, 18 pass by the theater. Alternately, it is possible to take a bus to Rideau Center and walk to the theater by heading East on Rideau street (10 minute walk).
- Check the OC Transpo travel planner for more.
Sunday: Design Jam at University of Ottawa, Lamoureux Building, Room 122.
- Parking: There are several lots throughout the campus.
- We encourage you to use public transit if possible. There are numerous routes that go to campus via the TransitWay.
SPONSORS AND VOLUNTEERS
- We’ve been fortunate enough to have sponsors and volunteers who’ve been very generous with their support. Please take a moment to find out more about them on the site.
LAST MINUTE INSTRUCTIONS
- Watch Twitter (@UXCampOttawa) for up-to-the-minute info (hashtag #uxott).
- Questions? Drop us a line or send us a tweet.
Oh, and most importantly: Don’t forget to bring your enthusiasm for all things UX :)
See you on Saturday!
- The UXCamp III Organizing Committee